Yesterday was my first day of Insanity. It wasn't so bad as far as "working out," but this morning I really felt the soreness just from the fit test.
Day 2 was the plyometric cardio. I watched it right after I did the fit test just to see what I was going to do the next day and I was very intimidated. Well, this morning, I honestly didn't think I was going to make it through the entire work out time. It was tough, but exactly the type of work out I've been looking for. I defintely struggled to make it through the work out, but tried to push through it even if I needed to rest for just a little bit.
So far, I'm pretty sore in my calves, quads, hamstrings, arms, back, and even in my ribs. It's not a soreness where I can't even move (like after it was for 3 days after running my half marathon, haha). It's the type of soreness you want because you KNOW the program is working. I'm really enjoying it so far and think I'll see the results I want in about 60 days!
I think this dvd work out program is better than P90X ever thought about being. The best part about it is that you don't have to go out and buy the equipment. Insanity uses yourself and your body weight. And, it is very challenging. If any of you haven't looked into it and you're looking to get into shape, I encourage you to try Insanity.
I'll continue posting about the program, what I'm thinking about it, and the results I'm seeing within myself. Hopefully it will encourage you to do it too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment