Saturday, June 6, 2009

25 days

I was sitting in my apartment today watching You've Got Mail and realized that today marks 25 days until I move back to the great state of Texas. Surprisingly, I'm not filled with all sorts of emotions like I thought I would be, but I AM filled with excitement and LOTS of it! I've had a great time being here in Scotland, but I really am ready to be back in Canadian with my family.

I talked to my family last night as they were sitting in Austin, TX in their hotel room overlooking Austin and the State Capitol building. My sister is running in the State track meet today as a member of the 4x200 meter relay (800 meter relay). It took all I had to not buy a $2000 plane ticket to Austin just for a couple days and fly back to Scotland. But, I suppose it's a bit ridiculous to do that and at the same time could be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for my sister and I'm missing out on it, which means it'd be okay to spend that two-grand, right? hehe... Flying in to watch her run was definitely out of the question, but I'm hoping she will be able to head to State again next year. :) I'll be calling them tonight to see how her team did. I'm really anxious!! It's hard being an ocean away.

That's really all I have for right now... only a little update about my excitement for coming home in 25 days and the anxiousness I have for my sister as she runs today in the State track meet! :)


Until next time, love to you all...

No comments: