Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just a bit of randomness... really. Just a bit. :)

So, it has definitely been a while since I've posted anything on here. I didn't realize my last post was February 14! I realized today that my birthday was coming up pretty soon... it's Tuesday, March 24. And, I'll be turning 24. For those of you who don't know what that means (to be turning 24 on the 24th), it's a GOLDEN BIRTHDAY. Your golden birthday is just the age you're turning and the day... like, if you were turning 28 on the 28th of some month, that'd be your golden birthday. Alright, so anyways, I'll be spending my birthday in Paris, France with my good pal, roommate, and teammate, Melanie. We planned this trip and booked the flight sometime in January and I honestly thought it wouldn't have come this quickly, but it has and I can't believe it's already here!

So, for the past 4-5 days, we've had some people from Tennessee (Lipscomb University) and they've been putting on a campaign (it's just a type of mission retreat thing). They're here until Saturday (21st). We've had the pleasure of housing one of the girls, Amy. It's been a blast being with this group of girls and couple of guys. Today, I had the strangest feeling... we were outside of a primary school cleaning up some branches and leaves. I heard sirens in the background, American accents, and for a moment, I felt like I was in America. I had a sadness come over me that I had never felt before.

It made me realize I only have 13 weeks left in Scotland. It made me realize that I almost didn't want to hear the American accent for much longer than that. It made me realize that I had absolutely fallen in love with Scotland, the people, the work, and the atmosphere that comes along with it. No, not the weather. Just the vibe you get from everyday living. I can't exactly explain it, but you'd know if you've ever lived in a different country and being around "your people" and realizing your time is coming to an end. Anyways, so, I got really sad and it made me feel all sorts of weird things, like... not wanting to go home just yet, but at the same time still wanting to. It's just so hard to explain the feeling I had to those who haven't been in my shoes... to those who have been here where I've been... then you know exactly what I mean.

The past week has been awesome. However, I think I've gained back some pounds from eating so much junk that I haven't eaten since December! haha... I guess that's what happens when you're never home, eating whatever the people put in front of you, and just not eating healthy at all. I'll be glad once I get back from Paris to get back into the swing of things. I can definitely tell a difference in the way I feel. I'm a lot more sluggish, tired, and always wanting to sleep... as opposed to when I ate healthy, I was ready for the day, chipper, bouncy, and wide awake. So, I'm ready to get back into that groove. The sweets, loads of carbs, and unhealthiness of this week has really had it's toll on me and I'm ready for the healthiness to be back. haha...

Another crazy thing, my sister is actually old enough to try out for high school cheerleader. So, try outs were last week and I call her up the following day to see if we're supposed to be sad or if we're happy and turns out, we're happy and she ended up making the cheerleading squad. Way cool and I'm really excited for her. Except... she should really stop copying my life. :P It's crazy how much our lives are alike, especially when I was in high school and now her... things are the same with the two of us. Pretty cool though! I love it. :)

Well, I have no other random thoughts running through my head... I hope you weren't looking for something inspiring or something like that, because this is nothing of the sort. :) Just an update on my life and what I'm thinking/feeling. I'll be updating this soon with my February & March newsletter. I'm putting two together because I felt like each month was redundant. I kept saying the same exact things and I didn't want you to have to go through the annoyance of reading the same things as I would be in annoyance writing it all over again to you. hehe

Enjoy the rest of the week, as I will, and have a blessed weekend! I'll be writing again soon about my trip to Paris and how it was to turn 24 years old there in France. :)


Until next time, love to you all...