Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time flies.

I had my first official week back after the 2-weeks the schools had off for Easter/spring break, and I will tell you one thing, it is GOOD to be back into the normal schedule I've had! It was difficult for me to sit around from Wednesday-Saturday for two weeks straight. I enjoy having busy weeks, not only because it makes time go by quicker, but I can't just sit and do nothing. That's one thing I've found out about myself while being here. I'm the type of person who has to be busy all the time. I have to be doing something. It's hard to believe that April is almost over and May will soon be here (this Thursday)!

Melanie and I will be leaving for Barcelona, Spain on April 30th and will be returning May 4th. We wanted to have a little vacation away from the clouds and coldness for a few days. We both wanted to visit Spain and it's a warm place too, which is exactly what we were looking for... and a relaxing time. We'll be taking one last trip May 14th through May 19th to Rome, Italy. We were told we'd be dumb if we didn't take a trip to Rome while being over here because flights are so cheap, so we're definitely taking advantage of that. We'll be back for a few days and then Melanie's mom and brother arrive on May 31st and will be staying for about a week. Once they leave, Jarad (my best friend) will be here on a mission trip for the middle two weeks of June, which I'm really excited about because I haven't seen him in two years! Way too long to not see him! Then, the final week in June, which is the very last week I will be here, my best friend in high school (Kayla) will be coming on the 24th and flying back home with me on July 1st, which is really exciting and good for me to have someone with me when I have to leave the people here behind. I think May and June are really going to fly by since there are so many things going on between now and then. If time is already flying, it really will with more scheduled things!

I haven't been this excited about coming back to Texas, coming back home, in a while. I'm so ready to see my family it's unreal! In the 12 months I'll have been gone, I've been seen them for 3 weeks (last week in August to the third week in September). And, as the family person I am, it has been incredibly hard to be away from them, but in all this time, I know and feel like I have grown closer to my family even though I'm an ocean away. I'm really excited about going home and seeing everyone again! It's been far too long! I'm looking forward to my homecoming!! I miss my family so much!!

My experience here has been nothing but a good experience for me. I've had some really good times and some really horrible times where I didn't think I'd be able to make it through, but I did and was strengthened through that. I've learned that living in the same town as my family isn't near as bad as I thought it was. I mean, I'm moving back to Canadian. It's seriously where I want to be. I'm too much of a family person to not be really near to them. I've realized that I really despise cold weather. I mean, I already knew I did, but this cold weather from the minute I stepped off the plane until now is just a bit ridiculous. I've seen nothing but dead plants for the past 7 months and FINALLY things are starting to green up and it's the end of April! haha.

I've become more independent than I ever thought I could be. I've learned that I absolutely love children and want to work in the school system. I used to think I didn't make a difference in people's lives, but have realized that I have and I do make a difference. I've never fully relied on God more than I have while being here. I've made drastic changes in my lifestyle. I've learned that I don't want to get married until I'm over 35-years-old, or if I do, the guy I'm marrying will be moving to where I am because I'm not leaving my family again until my little brother, Landon, graduates from high school (hehe). I'm serious. :) I've learned that I really enjoy having alone time and have picked up a new hobby: reading, which is something I NEVER did before coming here. I realized that there were a lot of things back home in Texas that I took for granted.

Like I said earlier, things here are going so well and so quickly! I remember it being December and thinking, "July is NEVER going to get here." And, it's almost here. Just around the corner! I'm so ready to be home!!


Until next time, love to you all...