
SISTERS
So close, yet so far.
Together, yet apart.
We are sisters, body and soul,
Yet we are separate and alone.
Our bodies separated by land,
But nothing separates our hearts.
Even if our eyes cannot meet
We know each other's thoughts.
Forever sisters we shall be
Connected by something stronger than blood.
Never alone will we be
As long as we have each other.
--Sally DeFord
ALWAYS THERE
I'll always be here through thick and thin
You can come to me, I'll listen
I'm your friend, I won't push you away
When you need a hug, my arms are wide open
When you need to talk, I have an open ear
You're growing up and getting older
Know that I'm always here, I'm not going anywhere
Wherever you are, I'm there with you
You’re in my heart and my prayers
Just know I'm here, because I truly care
You’re my sister, you mean so much
Don't want to see you hurt or cry
I'll wipe the tears, I'll get rid of your fears
Want to see you grow up and achieve
Just believe, have faith
You can do anything
You’re beautiful inside and out
You’re smart and very talented
You’re many things, but most all, you’re my sister
I believe in you and know that I'll never stop loving you
--Rachel S. Lengefeld
A FRIEND FROM ABOVE....
I prayed for you before we met,
Not knowing who you'd be.
I asked the Lord to send a friend.
One chosen just for me.
I asked that they'd be Godly,
With wisdom of His ways.
A friend to help and guide me
I the troubles of these days.
So often in life, we need someone
To listen while we talk.
Someone who will not condemn or judge,
But encourage us as we walk.
The narrow road we choose to follow
May sometimes make us stumble.
But to have a friend to catch our fall,
Teaches us to be humble.
When I asked the Lord to send a friend,
Though many came and went.
He gave much more than I ever asked,
For you are the friend He sent.
--Unknown
I WILL BE THERE
If one day you feel like crying...
Call me.
I don't promise that I will make you laugh,
But I can cry with you
If one day you want to run away--
Don't be afraid to call me.
I don't promise to ask you to stop...
But I can run with you
If one day you don't want to listen
to anyone...
Call me.
I promise to be there for you.
And I promise to be very quiet.
But if one day you call...
And there is no answer...
Come fast to see me.
Perhaps I need you.
--Unknown
Although these are all written by someone else, poetry can be used to speak the mind of others as well. I saw these poems and automatically thought of my sister, Marcee.
There have been times in our lives where we have argued, but the moments I like to remember are the moments we laughed together. The best thing about having Marcee as my sister and my friend is that I know I can trust her and I know I can be as goofy as I want to be and she'll be just as goofy with me. She loves me for who I am and I love her for who she is and who she is becoming.
Right now, the hardest thing for me to do right now is to watch her grow up while I'm living across the ocean in a different country. Sometimes I want to be the big sister for her, but I do have to realize she does need to live her life and make mistakes, possibly the same mistakes I made too. But, that's the way she's going to learn. That's the way she is going to grow.
I just want her to know that I'm always here for her. I'm here for her to talk to and to be her "go to" person. I know she's who I look to when I need someone to talk to. She may not have any advice to give me, but she's a great listener and sometimes... that's all I need.
So, Marcee, I thank God that He gave me YOU as my sister. You are a blessing to me. My life wouldn't be the same without you. Thank you for being who you are to me. I love you dearly and I miss you. I can't wait to see you again!